Asian inspired Quinoa Bowl
Makes 2 servings
1 bag of frozen Quinoa and 1 bag frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, green beans) OR 1 bag of Quinoa with mixed veggies inside- depending on what your grocery store offers.
1/8 cup veggie broth
1/4 of a large bell pepper, or 2 small peppers
1/4 purple onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium head of broccoli
3 baby bella mushrooms OR 6 white mushrooms
- Chop onions, bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms into desired sizes.
- Place one large pan over medium heat. Use veggie broth as oil and put onions, peppers, and garlic into the pan. Saute until fragrant (approx 2-3 minutes)
- As you are cooking veggies, follow instructions on the quinoa bag.
- Add mushrooms to the garlic pan. Sautee another 3 minutes. Add broccoli to the pan and saute until desired you've reached your desired texture (for this recipe, I like my broccoli slightly soft). Add 2 tbsp of sauce to the pan and toss until coated.
- Put quinoa in a bowl and top with veggie and sauce mixture! Enjoy!