Tri-Bean Chili and Avocado (Makes approx. 2-3 servings)
1 can of tri-beans
Vegetable broth (low-sodium)
½ can of tomato paste
¼ poblano pepper
¼ purple cabbage
3-5 mushrooms (baby bella/white)
½ avocado per serving
Spices: Chili powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika
- Chop onion, peppers, cabbage and mushrooms to desired size.
- Put a pot over medium heat. Put approx ¼ cup vegetable broth and onions, peppers, and minced garlic into the pot. Saute until fragrant, approx 2-3 minutes.
- Put mushrooms in the pot and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, beans, and tomato paste in the pot, along with another cup (or more if you’d like) of vegetable broth.
- Stir chili and add spices to taste (chili-powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, pepper)
- When chili has reached desired consistency, remove from heat and top with sliced avocado and cilantro (optional)!