1 piece of Ezekiel Bread
½ cup of unsweetened Soy*/Almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 tbsp ground flax
1 pat of vegan butter or 1 tbsp of any vegetable oil (coconut, olive, etc.)
- Put ½ cup Soy* milk, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp ground flax into a wide, shallow bowl. Whisk with a fork and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Put a pan on medium heat and add the pat of vegan butter or oil
- Dip both sides of the bread into the milk mixture without completely submerging it.
- Place bread in the pan and cook for approx. 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- OPTIONAL: place berries in the pan and cook down for approx 4 minutes. Mash berries while they’re in the pan to form a jelly OR top your french toast with fresh berries (or any other fruit you’d like) and honey!
*Those with thyroid imbalance (hypo-/hyper-thyroid) should not use soy products. Instead, opt for unsweetened almond milk